Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Black Rabbits

I need to tell everyone about my weekend. Some laughable things happened. I'll start from the beginning.

Abby
One of my best friends in the whole wide world came to see me. And we went to gettysburg to see my roommate and his family.

95 Blue Ford Taurus with sunroof, cd player, leather seats.
Remember this beast, it will come up a time or two in the story.

Geese
I saw a lot a lot a lot of geese this weekend.

My Brain
It was definitely on vacation this weekend.

Ok now that you have some pretty good foundation information let's get into it. So we took Abby's sweet pimped-out Taurus to the Burg (I drove). Now, I've traveled back and forth many a times between Aberdaber and Where the War Wasn't, and I've also gone way over the speed limit many a times (it's South Dakota, no one follows the rules). Well this time, in Betty (or Betsy, or Bev, I can't remember her name) I got caught. Yep, nice ol' police officer pulled me over for going 75 in a 65. Oops. South Dakota has a policy of when you get pulled over you go back and sit in the cop car. I thought it was kinda fun, so many buttons and gadgets and all that jazz. So I sat there and we discussed a few important things. Here's a small sampling of the convo:

Aimee (A): I really thought the speed limit through here was 70
Nice Police Officer (NPO): No all two-lane highways in South Dakota are 65. Four lanes are 70
A: Hmm I must have been thinking of Montana then.
NPO: I've only been on interstate in Montana.
A: Are there even any other roads in Montana?
NPO: Uhhh yeah I'm sure there's some back roads somewhere.
Awkard pause in which i realize i'm slighly an idiot

NPO to the guy on the other end of the walkie-talkie: Driver's name is: Adam Ida Matthew Edward Edward...blah blah blah he was speaking in that cool police officer code.
A (after he finishes my name and abby's): That's impressive
NPO: Smiles.
I'm an idiot, but also, a flirt. One time when I was younger my mom said I had a flirting problem. I agree. Anyway, I got out of the ticket and back on the road we went.

When we got to G-town we had to go see Mick and Sandy so we drove out to the house. We laughed and hooted and hollered like we always do, then my roommate said we should come into town, so we did. Now. the snow has been melting like crazy up in these parts, and well some of the roads are covered in water, driveable, but covered. And Mick said before we left that if it looked dangerous turn around and go the other way. SO Abby and I head into town on the gravels and we made it over one road that was covered, but then we came upon another that looked waaayyy too deep in the darkness. I turn the car around because I saw a road sign a little bit earlier and I saw the lights of the town down that way. So we took the road. And all this time Abby and I are being obnoxious and laughing, you know just being reunited and loving. So we don't really notice that our "road" has turned to mud. Oops. Turns out our road was, yes, partially a road, but, it turned into a section line. We tried putting it in reverse then back in drive to try and wiggle ourselves free, but nope, we were in there like swimwear (backyard baseball circa 2000 reference). So we tried the State Farm trick, you know "Like a good neighbor, State Farm is there! With beer! And a tow truck!" No, didn't work.  So we called Michael to come save the day. In the meantime we made friends with the two raccoons that kept staring at us two dingleberries making a lot of noise in the car. At one point, Abby tried to name one of them Roccoco after the famous era of art. So she's screaming "ROCCOCO! ROCCOCO! The coons were not impressed.

After 25 minutes, Michael and his friend DJ pulled us out. Thank goodness Betsy the beast has a trailer hitch on it (Do you know of any Taurus with a trailer hitch!?) so we were pulled out easy as pie.

Ok so that was just Friday. Saturday we did some fun things. I did I mean, Abby and the roommate slept. But I found a sweet rodeo jacket, with the letters TPBR (I decided that stands for Totally.Professional.Bull.Riding. duh), wore it around, looked for geese with Mick Mick all day, drank a few bloody mary's and went on a car ride with mick, sandy and sleeping beauty, Abby. So here's when we once again realize my brain is on Vaca. On the way back to the house, I saw something black and furry in the grass. And I SWORE it was a black rabbit! So me and my big fat mouth said, "Y'all got black rabbits around here?" Welp, found out they don't. Oops.

So those are the fun parts of the weekend. We also pulled Mick out of an at-least decade old retirement from bowling (man the bullrider can roll a rock!) And I ran six miles sunday. And died. What's new.

Shout outs:

The nice man who gave me my South Dakota driver's license place today: thanks for breaking the rules and letting me smile.
My roommate: Thanks for a great dinner last night.
Ray from Kens Super Fair Foods: Thanks for such a great deal on those sandwich buns. Man! .23 cents a bun is out of this world!
Mom: Hiiiiiiiii.
Glee Cast: See you tonight on my DVR!

1 comment:

  1. hahahaha. my tum hurts from laughing. i love you. can't wait til i get to visit!

    ReplyDelete