Friday, March 18, 2011

ketchup

Like the title? It says ketchup, because I haven't written forever so I need to ketchup. Haha good joke right!?

All right, I'll start from the beginning: this job equals major buttkicker. Who knew sitting at my desk on my exercise ball for nine hours would take so much out of me. Ohmylanta. The first week of work I went home every night and glued my bum to the couch. Did not move until bed time. Yikes. I've adjusted now. I'm just busy all day. Do you want to hear how my day normally goes? Ok I know you do.
-I get to work at around 8 am. Get kinda settled in, fill up my exercise ball a little bit, check my e-mail, send a million messages to my friend megan p. on the third floor then maybe check out the aberdeen american news.
-Then I answer five bagillion e-mails. Seriously, five bagillion. I didn't realize how much e-mail is used by people with big girl jobs, but it's used a lot.
-My office is right by the ladies bathroom so I watch who goes in and out of there. There are two ladies that go in there more than most, but I will not use names for confidentitiality purposes, and embarassment purposes.
- I usually write some stuff that I put on the website, http://www.pcsaints.com/, which is a pretty stellar website if you ask me.
-I'm currently working on our golf tournament plans. The tournament isn't until June 13, but since this is my first ever golf tournament, i'm trying to get started early. In similar news, I never ever thought I'd be planning a golf tournament.
-Around 11:45 to 12 I start to get antsy and my stomach starts yelling, literally yelling, its so stinking loud I feel people down at the end of the hall can hear it. I bring my lunch everyday. I"m a money saver and my roomate always makes way too much food for dinner so I eat it for lunch the next day.
-I also purchased a YMCA membership this week, so I've started to run over my lunch break. I did three and a half miles over the noon hour on Wednesday, and I came back to work looking like a bright red lobster because for some real dumb reason exercise makes my face decide to go into red-mode.
-All right so after lunch I work on some more sports information and advancement stuff. I'm not really allowed to go into detail about it because it's top secret stuff. Jokes, I'm just too lazy to write it all down.
-Oh another thing. I go to alot of meetings. Dumb meetings. I realize, I don't really like meetings. I'm not very good at listening to a person talk about something completely irrelevant to me. So meetings equal the pits.
-I leave between 4:30 and 5. Depending on the weather, my mood, the color shirt I wore that day, and how mad my stomach is.

All right, that's my day-to-day in a nutshell. haha in a nutshell! that's my blog! Now onto some real exciting stuff.

Sewing Machine.
It arrived. I took it out of its box. I looked at it. I stored it behind my couch (see previous paragraphs for reasoning).

Half-Marathon
I'm running like crazy. Yesterday I did four miles, Wednesday I did three and a half. Monday I did five. This Sunday I have to do six. Balllllin. My poor feet are ugly now. Sorry, feet.

Chairs
I came across some pretty sweet old chairs that got some pretty good bones on them. After I finish writing I am heading to menards to pick up a stripper. Wood stripper, get your minds out of the gutter people.

Abby
One of my best friends in the whole wide world named Abby Kenealy is coming to visit me today. I am so super dooper excited because tonight we are going to Gettysburg to see my roommate and his family and we're going to do a lot of fun things. Like work on my chairs. Shoot my gun. Shoot my gun at clay pigeons. Shoot Mick's gun. Shoot Mick's gun at rabbits. Drink red beers. Fun will be had by all and I cannot wait for it to start!

St. Patrick's Day
My St. Patrick's Day sadly did not live up to previous St. Patrick's Days. For a number of reasons, the biggest reason being I was missing my women. In good ol' Marshy, we used to go pretty buck on St. Paddy's day. Now they still go buck, just without me. Another reason I didn't have fun was because I was tired and stressed (again see first paragraphs of entry). And lastly, I didn't get corned beef and cabbage. However, all was not lost. Lagers had the Aberdeen Fire Dept. Band perform last night, and they had BAGPIPES! Took me right back to my first day in Glasgow, Scotland. Hearing that beautiful sound (Grandma Milly Feeney hates them, she told us we're not allowed to have them at her funeral) made everything nearly better. Oh, and riding the drunk bus sober last night was also interesting. The girl who sat next to me sobbed the whole time and when she got off the bus, she slipped and fell on the ice. Sorry I'm laughing at your expense, dear. Happy St. Paddy's Day.

Cowboy Stuff
I went to a wedding in the Burg two weeks ago. Sasquatch and I wore cowboy gear. We were pretty nice looking. I wore Mick's cowboy boots and hat, and Sandy's turquoise necklace. I'm tellin ya people, I was a looker that night. Anywho, I danced my little buns off the whole night in my cowboy gear, and the next morning, my poor toes were so ouchy! BUT I realized I really want cowboy boots. I told my roommate and some of his friends that I want some. I hope he can take a hint and get them for me.

Ok, I think I'm caught up on the important things. I'll be back soon. I promise.

Shoutouts:
Abby Oakland: We still need to make gumbo.
Abby Kenealy: Hurry up and get here.
Erin B.: Enjoy your weekend. T-minus 5.5 owlhairs.
Erin Jo.: SPF.
Maggie May: I miss you Maggers.
Patrick: I think you need to visit NSU.
Zac: I hope you're having a great Mustache March.
Velma the receptionist: Sorry I scared you when you were sleeping at your desk  yesterday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment